It Starts with Fruit features 73 recipes total: master recipes for each type of preserve, followed by recipes for jams, marmalade, juices, syrups, shrubs, whole fruit preserves, butters, pie fillings, and dried fruits, plus a final chapter on baking with preserves.
• Great for home cooks who want an easy and approachable guide to making jams and other fruit-based preserves
• Jordan's gentle and encouraging methods will guide you through the process of making incredible fruit preserves using seasonal produce.
• Learn inventive techniques that are more flavorful and less complicated than traditional methods—with less sugar, too!
Jordan Champagne, author and cofounder of Happy Girl Kitchen, learned how to make jam while working on a farm, trying to use up fruits and vegetables that would otherwise go to waste. Now it's your turn to learn.
Recipes include Raspberry Lemon Jam, Pink Grapefruit Marmalade, Honeyed Apricots, and Peach Rosemary Syrup, as well as baking recipes to turn your fabulous preserves into Thumbprint Cookies, Jam Bars, Fruit Cobbler, and Homemade Toaster Pastries.
• A must-have for anyone who wants to learn about making jam and other preserves, likes experimenting in the kitchen, or enjoys DIY projects
• Approachable for first-timers who feel intimidated by jam-making
I still use my grandmother’s pie fillings, but now I need to go out to my garage and find her recipe box for her canning ones. I will say once you start making and canning the taste is better and if there are fruits you like you can them and have them when not in season. This is a fantastic book for everyone’s kitchen. I received this book from Netgalley.com I gave it 5 stars. Follow us at